Alberta Insurance Level 1: General Insurance Course
The Alberta Insurance Council (AIC) is responsible for the licensing and regulation of insurance agents, brokers, and independent adjusters. AIC has published the Alberta Level 1 General Insurance Broker/Agent Licensing textbook, First Edition 2020. With permission from the AIC the contents from the textbook have been incorporated into this course by the RAC curriculum design staff and all presented materials align with the curriculum design document that has been approved by AIC’s General Insurance Council. The document can be found on the AIC website.
Royal Alberta College's Insurance program prepared me to challenge the Alberta Insurance Council's licencing examination and move toward a new career path. The flexibility of the program, which is designed around an easy-to-navigate online learning portal, fit my lifestyle much better than traditional classroom environments. I also made significant use of the downloadable, dictated audio within each reading assignment, which I listened to while enjoying morning walks. I highly recommend Royal Alberta College to anyone who wishes to pursue continuing education.
To become eligible for the AIC exam, follow these steps:
1. After completing the course and passing the final exam, email your contact information to email@example.com within two weeks.
2. After notifying the registrar of your information, you will receive an email from CIPR within 48 hours.
3. Complete the CIPR registration process.
4. Once you complete the CIPR registration, you MUST email the registrar’s office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CIPR number.
5. The registrar will complete a final step to confirm your eligibility within an additional 48 hours.